Recognize, OCR, read RFID chip data and verify all kinds of identity documents automatically on your device using its camera or from a saved image. Rapid, offline, secure. No data leaving your device.
The application demonstrates Regula Forensics technology that allows applications:
- automate and simplify form filling with documents data on user sign-up/registration,
- comply with KYC,
- improve UX for your users and employees.
Whether it is an ICAO 9303 travel document with MRZ, like passport, ID card, visa, or non-ICAO non-machine readable document, like driver's license, vehicle registration certificate or work permit - you can read and verify data from it in an instant.
Position the document in front of the camera and make sure it fully fits in the frame. Lighting conditions do matter - try to get more light but avoid glares and shadows.
The document will be detected, cropped and recognized. Graphic and text fields extracted, parsed and verified automatically.
Features and Benefits:
Documents supported and OCR:
- Automatic document type recognition - no need to select a country, document type and series manually
- 6600+ supported documents from more than 240 countries included in the database
- OCR of visual zone text fields based on included document templates
- OCR with the support of 70+ languages, including all Latin, Cyrillic, Hebrew, Greek and other alphabets
- Automatic text division into separate fields (e.g. dividing the address into the postal code, country, state, etc.)
- ICAO 9303: TD1, TD2, TD3 machine-readable documents and visas support
- ISO 18013: driver's licenses support
- Parsing MRZ lines into separate fields
- Many custom / non-standard MRZ filling formats supported in parsing to fields for different countries
- Any MRZ position supported: horizontal, vertical, inclined, upside down, etc.
- Decoding ISO codes into countries and nationalities names
- Transliterating names into national characters (Russia, China documents)
RFID (using NFC, if present):
- Read data from ePassport, eID and eDL electronic contactless chip
- BAC, PACE, EAC, SAC support
- Perform automatically Chip Authentication v1 and v2, Terminal Authentication v1 and v2, Active Authentication, Passive Authentication
- Full compliance with ICAO 9303, ISO 18013, BSI TR-03105 Part 5.1, 5.2
- Included recent CSCA master lists for data signature check
- 1D and 2D barcodes reading and automatic parsing into text fields using included document template specifications (PDF417, QR, Aztec)
- AAMWA data format support in PDF417 codes used in the USA and Canada driver's licenses and IDs
- IATA bar coded boarding passes support
- Cropping document from the image and correcting any distortions
- Cropping graphic fields, like photo and signature, based on templates
- Verification of check digits
- Validation of dates for correctness (expiry date, dates existence, etc.)
- Verification of ISO codes (correctness and existence)
- Validation of document number format
- Age check (optional)
- Cross-comparison of visual zone text fields vs MRZ vs RFID vs Barcode data
- Multiple page documents support
Other important features:
- On-device computations only, no need for a network connection
- Security & Privacy: your personal data stay on your device only
- High performance with high accuracy
- Fully automatic process
- Works with live video stream or saved images
- Different scenarios for required custom functionality
- Portrait and landscape modes full support for better camera experience
- OCR of embossed bank cards number, date of expiry and holder name
- SDK with all the functionality available for developers, easy to integrate into any application
- SDK is configurable to include required functionality only for optimal application size
SDK is available for purchase separately.
E-mail: [email protected]