Skype For PC
About Skype For PC
Free Download Skype for PC using the tutorial at BrowserCam. Skype Communications launched Skype app for the Android and then iOS but you may also install Skype on PC or computer. You’ll notice few useful guidelines listed below that you need to consider before you start to download Skype PC.
Skype doesn’t require an introduction. It’s been there enabling people to chat, call and video conference for a long time. Although initially, it was a desktop application, Skype Lite for mobile is now available allowing you to continue your conversations while you are away from your desk. Skype for mobile has all the features that are available on the desktop version. And it has also been optimized to perform well on small screen devices and under limited network conditions.
Features of Skype Lite
- Send text messages, emojis, files, photos and videos up to 300 Mb.
- One to one and group audio calls up to 25 people
- One to one and group video conferencing up to 25 people.
- Ability to add people to conference calls by using their phone numbers.
- Ability to call phone numbers directly from Skype by adding credits. Cheaper than normal phone calls.
- Talk to pre-built bots (Recent addition)
- Share your phone screen with others while on a conference call.
For using Skype, you need to create an account if you don't already have. Once you are logged in, you will find your ongoing conversations synced to your device. To start a new conversation, you first need to add your contact by either searching by name by their Skype ID. The mobile version already detects which contacts in your address book is already no Skype.
Audio and Video conferencing 4/5
The quality of audio and video conferencing is good. It also handles network interruptions graciously. A limit of 25 people for a conference call seems just perfect for all practical scenarios. We did experience a few crashes while on conference calls.
Sending Files, Photos, and Videos 5/5
The max file limit of 300 Mb is good enough for most people. The file transfer is reliable and quick. We never faced any problems in this department.
Direct Calling 5/5
This is one feature which we really loved. You use Skype as a normal phone but with much cheaper call rates, especially for ISD calls. The voice quality was good and there weren't any noticeable delays with either call setup or audio transfers.
Network Usage 4/5
Skype is optimized to work with limited network conditions and at the same time minimize data usage especially during audio and video calls. You can easily check the data usage on the Skype app.
Battery Usage 5/5
Since Skype is a real time communication application, it has to keep running in the background even when you are not actively using it. We didn't notice any significant battery drain even after prolonged usage.
UI and UX 3/5
Skype has gone through a number of updates, and now has a fresh and modern look on your phone. But it still lacks polish and responsiveness when it comes to UI and UX. Although the recent updates have been really nice, there's still some scope for improvement.
In the personal communication space, the competition is fierce. Skype still has a big share of the space. It does have some unique features like group video and audio conferences, direct calls to phone numbers and screen sharing. But the race is still on. Other competitors are catching up pretty quickly in terms of feature set, performance, and usability on mobiles. Skype needs to be ahead of its competitors. For now, it's still the preferred choice of communication when you want audio or video conferencing. It's also popular for cheap international calls. Other than these few features which makes Skype standout of the rest, today it still lags behind in the other areas as compared to its competitors such as WhatsApp, WeChat or Hike.
How to Download Skype for PC or MAC:
1. To start off, you need to download BlueStacks on your PC using the free download link provided in the beginning of this webpage.
2. Begin installing BlueStacks Android emulator by simply opening up the installer If the download process is fully finished.
3. Within the installation process mouse click on "Next" for the 1st two steps after you begin to see the options on the screen.
4. Within the very last step click on the "Install" choice to begin with the install process and click "Finish" as soon as it is finally finished.
During the last and final step click on "Install" to start out the final install process and then you can mouse click "Finish" in order to complete the installation.
5. Open up BlueStacks Android emulator using the windows or MAC start menu or maybe desktop shortcut.
6. As this is your very first time you installed BlueStacks emulator you simply must setup your Google account with emulator.
7. It’s easy to install Skype for PC with BlueStacks software either by finding Skype app in google playstore page or simply by using apk file.
After you install the Android emulator, it is possible to use the APK file to be able to install Skype for PC either by simply clicking on apk or by launching it via BlueStacks emulator. If at all you are planning to go with Andy OS to free download and install Skype for Mac, you may still go through same exact method anytime.
Please click on below link to download Skype APKDownload Skype APK